We are on to day 9 of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids.
Today’s challenge is the 5 strand braid. If you have never done this braid before – this may seem daunting! But don’t worry, it’s not as hard as you might think. It may take a try or two to figure out how to move your fingers and hold the hair as you do it, but give it your best shot and enjoy the challenge of something new.
And if all else fails – I found a great “cheater” or faux 5 strand tutorial for you to try!
Additional Ways to Use the Technique
I hope that this post gives you some ideas. I’d love to see how you do today’s challenge! You can share a photo on my Facebook page, tag me in a photo on Instagram – @hair_by_lori or just use the hashtags #30DaysNewBraids #30DNBDay9.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive an email every day so that you will get the daily challenge right in your inbox.
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I went back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay9 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I want to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these beautiful 5 strand braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Diagonal Dutch 5 strand braid by IG @hairstyles_by_shannon
- Half up diagonal lace Dutch 5 strand braid by IG @annies_hairstyles
- 5 strand pigtails by IG @braidingmama
- Converging Dutch 5 strand braids to create a faux 10 strand by IG @biancasbraids
- Wrap around 5 strand braid to a side ponytail by IG @lauralaine_hair
- 5 strand pigtails pinned up and around each other by IG @thebraidparadenj
- Unique 5 strand bubble braid by IG @cutehairbraid
- Side half up Dutch 5 strand braid style by IG @plait.me.pretty
- Dutch 5 strand updo by IG @braidsbykatie
- Dutch 5 strand braid from FB, credit Bethany Anne Tippets
- 5 strand braid from FB, credit Heather Parker Greeson
- 5 strand faux hawk by IG @bellas_braids
Other posts you may like: