It’s day 2 of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids!
Today’s challenge is the Dutch braid. If you’ve never done the Dutch braid before, it’s basically an inside out French braid. It’s just as easy to learn and do.
Fine hair tip – I find that Dutch braids don’t hold quite as well as a French braid on fine hair, so you may want to braid it wet, or texturize it using a micro crimper or by spraying some dry shampoo on (yes, even on clean hair – it just helps to give the hair a little more grab). You also will not want to pancake it (pull the edges to make it bigger) too much if you are braiding on fine hair as this will cause it to fall out more quickly.
Additional Ways to Use the Technique
There are so many ways that you can use the Dutch braid technique in your hairstyling. Get creative with it! Think of different ways that you can part the hair or angle the braid. Think about half up styles, styles into a bun or a ponytail.. Maybe combine it with a French braid or another braid.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive an email every day so that you will get the daily challenge right in your inbox.
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I went back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay2 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these beautiful Dutch braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Dutch braided pigtails with woven ribbon by IG @pr3ttygirl79
- Two tiny Dutch braids to messy bun by IG @brownhairedbliss
- Angled Dutch braid half up style by IG @kaykaycee13
- Angled Dutch braid to messy side bun by IG @cutehairbraid
- Dutch braid to bun by IG @little.red.braids
- Dutch braid into braid backs by IG @cute_and_glossy
- Dutch braid (and adorable baby!) by IG @ingridditta
- Double Dutch braids to ponytail by IG @motherdaughterstyles
- Dutch braid by IG @biancasbraids
Other posts you may like: