It’s day 3 of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days New Braids.
Today’s challenge is the rope braid. The rope braid is the easiest braid to learn. I’m not sure how I didn’t learn it until I was 28 – but seriously, it’s the easiest! And fastest!
I’ve had some people tell me that they don’t use it, that it’s just one that is good for little girls. I will have to (respectfully, of course) disagree with them. I’m sharing some tutorials here that show you how to make it more dressed up. I’m also sharing some tutorials that teach us how to take it to the next level and make it a French style French twist braid, it’s beautiful.
Let the braiding fun begin!
Additional Ways to Use the Technique
French Rope Twist & Braid tutorial from Babes in Hairland. I love how this braid wraps around the head. Super easy and fast, perfect for busy mornings. Babes in Hairland has a bunch (I mean, like, a ton!) of tutorials utilizing rope braids, you can find them here. This are especially great for little girls.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive an email every day so that you will get the daily challenge right in your inbox.
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I went back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay3 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these great rope / twist braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- French rope twist to lace rope twist to ponytail style by IG @mybraidedprincess5
- Lace rope braid to side ponytail by IG @lauralaine_hair
- 3 accent rope braids to side rope braid ponytail by IG @riileh
- Dutch fishtail headband into a rope braid bun by IG @braidsbyjordan
- Rope braid accents to triple rope braid ponytail by IG @miris_things
- Rope twists into a fishtail braid by IG @florid217
- Rope braid by IG @mum2109
- Rope braid accent by IG @elisabetsisters
- Rope braid with ribbon by IG @ashton_hairstyles
Other posts you may like: