We are on day 13 of our 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids.
Today’s challenge is the lace braid. This is such an easy braid and a fun one to get creative with! A lace braid is basically half of a French braid… but really you can do any other braiding technique “lace” – it just means that you are adding in hair to only one side of the braid. I think that’s why it’s so easy to get creative with this technique, because you could take any of the other braids you have learned thus far in the challenge and make them a lace braid.
I’ll share some great tutorials to give you ideas on what you can do, but if you have other ideas, then go for it! I can’t wait to see what you create.
Lace Braid tutorial by me. I think that a very easy way to learn the technique and do a fast style is to do a braid-back style like I teach here.
Additional Ways to Use the Technique
Cute Girls Hairstyles has so many awesome tutorials that feature lace braids, it was too hard to pick just one to share with you! So if you need any more ideas for today’s challenge, here are 3 of my favorites by CGH. You can click to go to the tutorial (left to right) Boho Lace Tieback, Laced Fishtail Braid, and Upward Lace Braid.
The lace braid is definitely one of my favorites! I hope you love it to and that this post helps show you that there are just endless possibilities for it! I’d love to see how you do today’s challenge if you want to share. You can share a photo on my Facebook page, tag me in a photo on Instagram – @hair_by_lori or just use the hashtags #30DaysNewBraids #30DNBDay13.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive all of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge posts and the rest of my posts when they go up, delivered to your inbox for your convenience!
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I’ve gone back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay13 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these great lace braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Lace braids into a fishtail braid by IG @braiderina
- Four strand lace braid by IG @foxsparrow41
- Four strand lace braid to side bun by IG @jehat
- Double lace braided style by IG @365goodhairdays
- Double lace braid back style from FB, credit Mayumi Mayumi Inukai Stephenson
- Lace Dutch fishtail braid by IG @hairbykennn
- Spiral lace braid by IG @fastbraids
- Lace braid by IG @miriamtogether
- Lace braid hair bow by IG @kattbie
- Lace braid updo by IG @braidsbykati
- Lace braid updo by IG @annies_hairstyles
- Tiered lace braid style to braided ponytail from FB for that sweet little one’s 4th birthday! Credit Kristen Stevens
Other posts you may like: