We are on to day 18 of our 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids.
Today’s challenge is the suspended infinity braid. This braid is often confused with the zipper braid ,which we did on day 16 of the challenge. They are very similar but are a bit different in look and technique from one another.
The suspended infinity braid is actually easier to do than the zipper braid, which I’m sure will come as a relief to those of you that have been following along with the challenge and already did the zipper braid! (That one was probably our hardest braid this month). Let’s get to the tutorials that teach this awesome looking braid!
Additional Ways to Style
While today’s braid is easier than the zipper braid, it is still one of the more advanced braids that we have covered thus far in our 30 Day Braiding Challenge, but I hope you stick with it and give it a try! I’d love to see how you do today’s challenge if you want to share. You can share a photo on my Facebook page, tag me in a photo on Instagram – @hair_by_lori or just use the hashtags #30DaysNewBraids #30DNBDay18. Also, if you tried both the zipper braid and the suspended infinity braid – I’d love to hear which you prefer!
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive all of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge posts and the rest of my posts when they go up, delivered to your inbox for your convenience!
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I went back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay18 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I want to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these suspended infinity braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Low suspended infinity braid style from FB, credit Vivienne Maria Wykes
- Suspended infinity braid pigtail by IG @prettylittlebraids
- Side hidden accent suspended infinity braid by IG @hairmiester51
- Half up lace suspended infinity braid from FB, credit VlechtenbyMauranka
- Suspended infinity startburst braid by IG @braidsbykatie
- Suspended infinity braid by IG @pr3ttygirl79
- 2 suspended infinity braid styles from FB , credit Courtney D. Sebastian
- Suspended infinity braid into a fishtail braid by IG @braidsbysam
- Suspended infinity braid by IG @braiding_by_hannah
- Suspended infinity braid into a fishtail braid by IG @mum2109
- Suspended infinity braid by IG @tojashair
- Suspended infinity braid into hair wrapped ponytail by IG @hairstyles_by_rowena
Other posts you may like: