We are on to day 14 of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids.
Today’s challenge is the waterfall braid. We have already done the waterfall twist in this challenge, but today I’m showing you the basic waterfall braid and some other variations of the waterfall braid. I love waterfall braids because they are so fast to do. I know that they can be tricky for some people to do at first, but stick with it, because I know you’ll love it once you get it!
Variations and Additional Ways to Use the Technique
5 Strand Waterfall Braid tutorial by Princess Hairstyles. This is certainly a more complicated one – but to you advanced braiders out there – I challenge you to give it a try sometime!
Missy Sue is really incredible at waterfall braids and has a ton of incredible tutorials on her site. You can see all of them here, but I thought I’d share 3 of my favorites with you: (from left to right) Cascading Waterfall Side Braid, Waterfall and Fishtail French Braids, and Waterfall, Dutch, French Braid into Braided Bun.
I hope that this post gives you lots of ideas! There are so many ways that you can do a waterfall braid, it’s a great one to play with and get creative with. I’d love to see how you do today’s challenge if you want to share. You can share a photo on my Facebook page, tag me in a photo on Instagram – @hair_by_lori or just use the hashtags #30DaysNewBraids #30DNBDay14.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive all of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge posts and the rest of my posts when they go up, delivered to your inbox for your convenience!
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I’ve gone back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay14 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these beautiful waterfall braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Fishtail waterfall braid by IG @braidsglamour
- Double waterfall braid and French braid by IG @x_braids_x
- Scissor waterfall braid with ribbon wrapped around hair into a low ponytail by IG @merobraids
- Four strand waterfall braid by IG @katharina_braids
- Waterfall braid into a French braid by IG @miriamtogether
- Waterfall headband braid from FB, credit Jody Shock Botos
- Side waterfall braid style from FB, credit Cassie Collins
- Side swept microbraided scissor waterfall braid by IG @prettyhstyle3029
- Elastic waterfall braid into a mermaid braid by IG @hair_by_haife
- Waterfall braid and curls by IG @foxsparrow41
- Four strand waterfall braid by IG @jelena_hair101
- Microbraided diagonal scissor waterfall braid by IG @cutehairbraid
Other posts you may like: