We are on to day 16 of our 30 Day Braiding Challenge – 30 Days of New Braids.
Today’s braid is the zipper braid. Many people confuse the zipper braid with the suspended infinity braid (which we will be doing on day 18) but there is a different look to them if you look closely and a different technique is used to braid each.
Take a look at this photo from the amazingly talented Braidsandstyles12 (On IG here and FB here). Left is the zipper braid and right is the suspended infinity braid. Can you see a difference? Notice the way the outside edge loops on each.
The zipper braid is such an awesome braid and I was sooooo excited the first time I got it! I’ll admit – it did take me a couple tries to get it started. Once you have it started though, it’s repetitive and easy to do. Stick with it, you can do it! And when you do, I hope you love it as much as I do.
Variation of the Technique
Today is definitely one of the hardest braids in the whole challenge – but I hope that doesn’t discourage you! Give it a try, it’ll be so rewarding once you get it. I’d love to see how you do today’s challenge if you want to share. You can share a photo on my Facebook page, tag me in a photo on Instagram – @hair_by_lorior just use the hashtags #30DaysNewBraids #30DNBDay16.
Have you signed up for my email list yet? You’ll receive all of the 30 Day Braiding Challenge posts and the rest of my posts when they go up, delivered to your inbox for your convenience!
#30DaysNewBraids Favorites from 2015’s Braiding Challenge – More Braid Inspiration
I went back through all of the styles on Instagram that were done and tagged#30DNBDay16 as well as all the styles shared on my FB page and I wanted to share some of my favorites with you. Check out these awesome zipper braid hairstyles!
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Zipper braid by IG @mybraidedprincess5 – love that her 3 year old held the strands for her to do this braid!
- Mermaid Dutch infinity braid and mermaid zipper braid by IG @jennishairdays
- Ribbon zipper braid by IG @thebraidparadenj
- Zipper braid half up pigtails by IG @hairstylezbyem
- Pancaked zipper braid by IG @maya_heart_hairstyles
- Diagonal zipper braid into a fishtail braid by IG @madisonshairart
- 4 strand zipper braid by IG @yiyayellow
- Zipper braid into hair wrapped ponytail by IG @all_to_braids
- Zipper braid with micro braids by IG @mimiamassari
Other posts you may like: